Thursday, June 24, 2021

To those of you who still hesitate

Some areas of the US now have over 70% vaccinated; some, like ours, more likely at fifty or below. One county in Missouri is at 13% - what's up with that? It's like they want to be there, sitting ducks, and infect each other, like maybe that would be a fun thing to do.

Anyone who rails about how one in 5 million suffer from a vaccine, is severely math-challenged. We are well over half a million who have died from the virus, so what kind of odds are you thinking are good? One out of a million dies on the highway out here every time they use it, since it's two-lane, windy, cliffs on both sides, deer and elk all over it. These are the people I see buying Powerball tickets. It's ok if you are math-challenged, you can waste your money, but in this case, you are endangering the community.

I am relieved that my own children are now safe. It took a while and we signed up as soon as we could. I figured, no matter what the school did, it couldn't really protect adequately, so I don't really blame them for the numerous times covid passed through the place before (whew!) summer finally came along and everyone went home. In the New Mexico sun, if kids are walking around outside, it's not quite as bad.

But winter's coming, again, and this virus is finding lots of territory to exploit and move into. People just can't stay away from their summer fun, which includes traveling, lots of cars, indoor venues, closed places. I don't want to sound paranoid, but this virus is not going to just go away before winter. It's got too much territory around it.

I've taken a number of vaccines. Being one who has been afraid of shots since I was a little boy, I've never enjoyed the experience. Maybe it feels like resistance to the all-powerful liberal establishment to go hiding in the mountains and say, not me, I'm too far out there, it's not going to come get me. Well, it might. Please consider your fellow citizens; you aren't doing them any favors here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home