Sunday, May 22, 2022

F-k Biden industry

I was unable to copy the google images URL, but you can put it into google images yourself. They're all over the place, F-k Biden flags, middle fingers, sometimes mixed with the American flag and sometimes with "Trump is my president."

If community standards have anything to do with it, I want it known that I object. I object not so much to the "f-k Biden" part, as it's a free country, but to the inclusion of the American flag into the image. I don't want to see the American flag included with vulgarity and anti-American violence of any kind.

Furthermore, it's a decline of general civility, since all you can do to respond to a middle finger and vulgar message is to give back the same middle finger. I've always told my family, that is a pretty small step away from violence, as has been proven in many road rage cases. It's ok to hate the president, it's ok to hate the country even, but if you go around giving everyone the finger someone is going to get hurt.

Just for the record, Trump did NOT win the election. Millions of us voted against him very passionately. That's as true in Georgia as it is anywhere. You can say "Trump is my president" and "Jesus is my president" if you want - it's a free country. You can even be vulgar publlicly but I'm telling you - that doesn't help anything. You can even refuse to vote for anyone who didn't actively work to overthrow the election system and establish and anti-democratic ruler in this country. If you were breaking into the Capitol on January 6 or in league or support of those who did, you were actively working against the democratic process that elects our leaders, and you deserve whatever punishment the system provides.

And that goes also for active encouragement of violence toward the system, the rightfully elected president, and the country itself. Including the flag in with your vulgar violence is just the icing on the cake. You think that's patriotic? Sorry, it's just vulgar violence.

And the rest of us need to be using the flag with the good stuff, and not let it be associated with this garbage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home