Monday, January 10, 2005

Lots of news

Let's start at the beginning.

First, CESL Today volume 57 is out; it represents the hard work on weblogs done by students in the last term of 2004. We learned a lot last term (see below; see also the cesl students' weblog)...but most of all we learned how to get on the web. Looking good is half the battle, as they always say...we looked good, I thought.

Second, some things I've reported on below have changed. I found Adam Alamin; he's in Minneapolis, expecting a baby! Congratulations, Adam. Adam is one of our honored poets; he's from Eritrea, and he's working at a computer company.

My sister Margot has been found by the Paul Taylor Dance company. You may remember that she's my favorite musician. This famous modern dance company is going to perform using her music on March 1 in New York. More on this later.

One other band that is important to me is the Hurd Brothers. Here I want to give a plug to Guitars Between the Rivers, a new cd made by some friends of mine, consisting of lots of local music: artists from southern Illinois. Of these I am especially pushing the Hurd Brothers, may they rest in peace. All proceeds from this cd go to their scholarship fund, set up by their relative(s?) after their untimely death a couple of years ago. Music in southern Illinois is a special thing; music by the Hurd Brothers is very special.

As a new term starts, all I can say is, I wish you a good and productive 2005...and, above all, WRITE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home