Saturday, July 18, 2020

Courant, Paul. (2007, Nov. 4). On being in bed with Google. Au Courant blog. Accessed 7-2020. http://paulcourant.net/2007/11/04/on-being-in-bed-with-google/.

I'm stumbling a little late into this discussion, but apparently University of Michigan made a deal with Google; Google digitizes lots of books for free; some people feel that our libraries should not be depending on big business to that degree. I was aware of this dispute but didn't really get involved in it. I don't even really have a strong opinion on it. But I agree that basically, things that get put online get saved, so, yes, to some degree it's inevitable. People need information. Information needs to be free.

My ancestor Lorenzo P. Reynolds, who wrote at the turn of the nineteenth century, was an author whose pamphlets have been digitized. If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't have stumbled upon it.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home