Thursday, June 27, 2024

senility vs. mass denial

I'm boycotting the debates because as far as I'm concerned, Trump should never have been allowed to run in the first place. He's a felon and a pedophile (see earlier posts in this blog) and has done everything he could to undermine and overthrow the legitimate results of an election he lost squarely.

Many people look at it as a contest of seeing who is most feeble-minded. Both have shown signs of losing it recently. I'm seventy, and know that it's a slippery slope, and would never entrust myself to run a country like te USA even if I had great handlers, which by the way I do. But I think both are senile and neither should run. You would think that if I was rabidly anti-Trump, pro-Democrat, I would simply defend Biden. But I don't. He's old too. Either one could keel over on the stage, before the election, or after.

No, my problem is with the country. Te roads are full of old people who overestimate their own ability to make reasonable decisions, and if Biden and Trump both do that, they won't be the first ones. But if a country actively considers a felon, pedophile, liar, and revolutionary as if he's a legitimate candidate, staging a debate etc., there's something wrong with the country.

A "friend" of mine recently posted a chart showing inflation under Biden with the title "in case you haven't made up your mind"...of course I'd made up my mind so I just kept quiet. But I boiled at the thoughht that inflation alone could cause some people to vote for Trump. So you'll elect a pedophile rapist draft-dodger tax cheater? Besides, in my view, the inflation is mostly due to the pandemic, which could have been blamed on either candidate, as throwing money at people who were forced to stay home was really about the only way out, and Trump wouldn't have done any better a job at that as Biden. Trump, if anything, will be more likely to cause a depression, giving money only to the rich to the point that there isn't anyting left for the people; the country is already dangerously overspent. But what does he care? THe purpose of the Treasury to him is to pay off whatever debts he's incurred and can't clean off the table with a swipe of his hand. His back taxes, for example, or the lawsuit for rape. If he can call those political then he can get the Republicans to help him pay for them and he'll be in the clear, since as president, everything he does is legal including accepting contributions.
So, it's a legitimate election, eh? All about inflation, eh? Are we going to sit through this like it's just some Democrat and some Republican?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home