Wednesday, January 12, 2005

weblog servers

I've started investigating free weblog servers because our program was having trouble with Blogger. I'm basically fond of Blogger, but we had trouble because their main server was often down when we tried to use it (afternoons central time) and because we had to wade through lots of code in the templates in order to add links. I also had trouble at home because of the interface between aol, mac, and blogger, but I don't know how much of this is common to everyone or what. In fact I'd like input and asked at teslca-l for some suggestions.

Other weblog servers include xanga, livejournal, and 20six, as well as aol, yahoo, and msn (which, because they are part of larger systems, would be out for our students, I think)...and I've begun to try these out. Why not? I'm not sure if I can find a better site for our weblogs in time for the new term....but, I may try to put at least some of them elsewhere.

For now I've been putting my thoughts here...you're welcome to join me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home