Friday, April 14, 2006

chat

As chat carries on, unexpected things happen, and I realize that it's truly another culture. Some come bearing words I've never seen- fluent in way I could only imagine- because it's fluent in a conversational-writing kind of medium that is truly different from the other media we use. I'd like to study it- but actually I've been overloaded just doing my usual stuff, and in my free time pin down the essence of language. Linguists unfortunately may be so busy keeping their field on its shoestring, that they don't have time to study new media...at least I don't. But I'm living in a time when it sure is interesting to see it evolve. And I can also see a community evolve- as people come, talk, use emoticons & abbreviations, etc., according to what works.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home