Thursday, May 25, 2006

tales from the front

I'm reviewing 062 in the process of making CESL Today volume 65 (tedious process) and have a few comments.

First, I'm proud of my ae2 students of 062, who got in the groove and became very good webloggers (despite their intermediate level, tendency to copy, etc.)...and wrote lots of very nice entries, only about a third of which ended up on the class weblog...take a look at their personal weblogs.

My eap2ww writing class wrote lots of good papers on the Arctic (scroll down for the abstracts, which I've put together) but only six out of about ten made it onto the class weblog - maybe I wasn't vigilant enough! Poor polar bears- they're doomed.

Lots of good pictures from 062- thanks. I'll try to be a good steward. Have been making squares and putting them in places like the alumni page where they'll always give people a little bit of a jolt, I hope. Hope to develop the Ling. alumni page also.

In the new term, I teach newstalk. A class that uses reality as a textbook, literally. Whatever is on the waves - I'll grab it. English-only bill, king of Nepal, car falls in the Big Muddy, whatever. And just in time, another deer (or two) went into fawning season and started attacking innocent Saluki pedestrians. You get what you need!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home