Saturday, December 09, 2006

An education

Here's an interesting article in the Chicago Tribune about SIUC and the way it fits into the economy of universities & funding. The Trib may require a log-in but it's well worth it.

I'll let it pass without comment, though. I have several children in college and can only say, you can't live without an education. In my present perch on the third floor of Faner I have a highly unusual perspective; I don't know if bringing up my children in this environment (I drag them through Faner every once in a while) will be good or bad for them. Nor do I know how well the students I teach will fit in to their target university population. I got a good example of my dilemma in my grammar class the other day; the story deserves more attention, though, that I don't have at the moment. Will try and save & savor it...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home