Thursday, April 24, 2008

pictures from new york


These pictures are borrowed from Carla's Flickr, which you can find by looking on the Webheads' New York blog. I agree with Carla totally when she compares the webheads to the Brazilian soccer team, because they're fantastic, they have spirit, they try things, and it's so great just to see them. I'm talking about the Webheads here; I don't know much about Brazilian soccer. Thank you Dennis for the fact that webheads gatherings seem to always have nice flowers, like the rose above. Several things became apparent to me in New York- one, seeing webheads friends was one of the best parts of the trip, although seeing my sister Margot (second picture down) was also big. Also, much of what I know and feel comfortable with, comes from the webheads, though, on a personal level, I still don't have a cell phone, and therefore was kind of lost in New York, unable to tell the time, for example (small towns like Carbondale assume that there are some old-timers around, and still leave clocks on the walls)- unlike webheads I heard of, who, lost in Jersey, were able to use a cell phone, call up Google map function, figure out exactly where they were, and how to get back to where they were going. I, on the other hand, didn't even have a place to store phone numbers, let alone find the time or check my e-mail; awed by big buildings, nice architecture, flash and glitter, etc., all I could do was be there. Thanks, Carla, for the pictures; I'll send a book, as soon as I get an address.

All in all, it was a memorable TESOL- anyway, I won't forget.







Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home