Friday, March 28, 2008

When you get to the top of your field, you get to make up words, and let everyone wonder what you're talking about. Actually you can do this anyway, but it works best if you've already got a name for yourself. I've got to hand it to Diane Larsen-Freeman- I think Grammaring is perhaps the classic of all made-up words. She does a pretty good job of explaining what she means; nevertheless, I'm still stuck on the word itself. How can you make this word? Does this include verbing, nouning, articling, and adjectiving???

OK, I'll lay off. I actually admire her pluck, and as one who has freely banded around weblogging and various others, I can't deny that we have a natural right, as inheritors of the language, to do this. It's just that the word is, well earring, or getting stuck in my ear. Wait. I guess that one didn't work. :-)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home