Friday, June 20, 2008

publication

Leverett, T. (2008). Virtual traveller. Global Study Magazine. London, UK. http://www.globalstudymagazine.com/site/articles/391/.

I'm not sure when this one went to print, if or when it will arrive at my doorstep. It's a very nice magazine-well made. I notice here that I've taken a stand on the spelling of traveller/traveler- a word that my computer is now changing against my natural inclination (shown above). Why I've always had trouble with this word, I don't know; both variants are accepted, but I go for the underdog. I didn't even mean to take a stand, but I did. It's social commentary.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 10:12 PM, Blogger Danny and Paulette said...

I, too, find myself wondering about the way words seem to change with time and be accepted by the newer generations. One of my hangup words is 'realize', which is now more commonly spelled 'realise'. No one knows when the changes happen, or who makes the changes "official". We will just have to remember the old ways and know we are right when we write words our way. Thanks for making the observation. Now I know I'm not alone in my thinking.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home