Friday, June 10, 2005

summer is here!

at the moment a wild storm is taking place outside my house, but I'm writing because, though it may seem sleepy at CESL, lots is going on:

1. A new alumni page, which links from the cesl students page, which I will say more about, and which is part of a larger project that includes a) connecting up lots of alumni, 2) having a web marketing survey for old-timers who want to stay involved and give us good advice, 3) other ways for these alumni to stay connected and involved in what we are doing.

2. Increasing use of weblogs, for everything, as they are not subject to bad template policy, and because we might eventually be able to use CESL logos, etc...

3. A CESL Poetry Contest, just at a time when I'm doing a lot of haiku, since I'm spending a lot of time with children and don't have the concentration of more than a couple of minutes at a time...also, it's at a time when a friend of mine who does the Carbondaley Dispatch, a local blog, has started to do link poetry, which is one thing that I started and have always cherished....

4. My daughter who is NOT really part of CESL but nevertheless part of the extended family, has found lots of interesting Iowa links...

5. AND, SUNSET CONCERTS STARTING NEXT WEEK...stay posted...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home