Tuesday, March 29, 2005

It's a new day

I came back from an Easter campout with lungs full of campfire-smoke, but lots is happening back on the home front:

I'm teaching Newstalk, a class based entirely on reality: headlines, news clips, opinions about current events. It involves reading the newspaper carefully and shallowly, but constantly. More on this later.

I'm on my way to San Antonio, where I'll be presenting three things:

The role of the web, along with my partners Charles and Lawrence Kelly, CALL-IS Discussion.

Marketing learning, learning marketing in the new media, kind of a takeoff on the conference's "Teaching learning, learning teaching..."...this is a Program Admin-IS Discussion.

Teaching teachers to use weblogs effectively, CALL-IS Internet Fair.

If you're there, I hope to see you...if not, come look at the sites anyway. You present on the web, you'd better make a site.

The orange and blue of blogger reminds me...Go Illini! The Salukis are out...so are the Hawkeyes...and even the Badgers (I've been doing research on the bombing of the UW and in a twisted way have become a Badger fan!)...Go Michigan State too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home