Tuesday, June 06, 2006

world cup week

Volume 65 of CESL Today is done- hope you enjoy it- and let me know if you see any flaws. There are actually flaws all over the system these days, but I do the best I can, and I've noticed, now, that wikipedia now lists us as the #1, best CESL in the country, in its entry on SIU. I won't dispute it; maybe it's because we have way cool weblogs. In fact, I might see if I can get some people to translate the wikipedia entry into various languages besides the Japanese that it already has.

Speaking of World Cup, wish I had students from Trinidad, Ivory Coast or Tunisia. Then I'd know more. As it is, I'm pulling for Ecuador, Saudi Arabia, Korea, Japan and Germany, along with the USA, or at least as long as I can. My webhead friends assure me I can bet on Brazil. I'm not betting though. I don't even bet on the Dallas Mavericks. Just listen, talk, come home, and write travel stories.

They say the dean could be moving off to New York City. This would be a shame. New York City does not need another highly cultured, well-spoken and beautiful woman, at least half as much as we do.

1 Comments:

At 7:01 PM, Blogger CESL said...

YOU ARE THE greatest teacher i ever seen.... :) keep going and lighten up teacher !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home