Monday, January 22, 2007

20 questions

An old sociology test given to thousands of students, which dates well before weblogs, simply asks "Who are you?" and allows 20 sentences. I'm having my students do it (though we may not be following all the rules)- and I thought I'd start with my 20. Here goes:

1. I am a fiddler and a banjo picker.
2. I am a writer.
3. I teach English to international students.
4. I am a native of Ohio.
5. I grew up in Ohio, Pennsylvania, and New York.
6. I have lived in Carbondale for 13 years.
7. I have eight children, three of them stepchildren.
8. I ride my bicycle to school whenever I can.
9. I swim at lunchtime whenever I can.
10. I always create the materials for my classes.
11. I do a lot of things the hard way.
12. I've traveled to almost every state.
13. My parents and brothers and sister live far away.
14. I like playing online boggle.
15. I like walking in the woods.
16. My wife and I adopted a black child, our eighth.
17. I watch my children a lot.
18. I love using weblogs to communicate.
19. I have made national presentations on using weblogs with ESL classes.
20. I am interested in anything you have to say about weblogs.

3 Comments:

At 7:56 AM, Blogger AndrĂ© Brazil !!! said...

We can guess some of the above information before read it. Everybody who know you, also knows you are a nice writter, you teach us interesting, funny and a little bit crazy classes. We like too much your classes, you could make what seemed almost impossible: make a 2 hours class an interesting class. Nice job.

 
At 8:48 PM, Blogger ashoog said...

hi my teacher i am intested in your weblog because your webloge are contain good story , funny , and useful story. I like your pictuer that i think you drowed in the tap of the page.

see you tomooro.

 
At 2:06 PM, Blogger tom said...

Thank you to both of you! I did not draw the picture, a student did, one day in class on the first day of class. I think that student may have gone on to become a famous cartoonist- I hope so!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home