Tuesday, March 06, 2007

ramblin'

I've been working on a tesol presentation, and deep within this, specifically talking about developing student writing skills, I finally decided to incorporate and explain my version of volume theory, which I first made real at this very blog. In the course of that tome, I tried to dredge up my old favorites, Peter Elbow and Marie Wilson Nelson, but they are both on paper, not on the web, therefore requiring a physical walk to a brick-and-mortar library, forget it, it's not real. Not gonna happen in this lifestyle. But I did also, run across some other interesting tidbits:

Sierra, K. (2006, Jan.). Crash course in learning theory. Creating passionate users blog.
http://headrush.typepad.com/creating_passionate_users/2006/01/crash_course_in.html. Accessed 3-07.

Gordon, S. (2005, Sept.). Is technology good for us?
The Speculist.
http://www.blog.speculist.com/archives/000444.html. Accessed 3-07.

This last is the home of the Einstein story- where Einstein is being teased about not remembering his own phone number. Why should I remember anything I can look up? he says. I knew this story already. But, I was glad to find an interesting discussion of the very philosophical subject that I label, "what good is spell-check?"

At the moment, honing in on what's good about blogs, etc., it's kind of a diversion. An interesting one, though.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home