Saturday, November 24, 2007

meme mia

These come from my personal blog, but on that blog I use all small letters, so maybe nobody felt like copying them. Here I make them in copying form; next post, I'll answer them myself. I strongly encourage any and all serious bloggers to take a crack at them- and let me know when you do! Answer any or all of them. I'm genuinely curious and I'm working out my own answers.

1. Do you find that blogging tends to make you frame your life experiences in the same way that carrying a camera tends to make you frame the things you see- it makes you look at everything, and say, I wonder if I could blog about that?

2. Do you engineer your posts in any way to attract more audience? If so, how? Do you include words that will attract search engines? Do you write posts about hot, frequently-searched public persona?

3. Do you check who has come to visit you? Do you notice what words they used to search and find you? Do you notice how long they actually spent on your site? Do you take the words they used, and use them again, or keep using them?

4. You know how important pictures are when you open up a site. Do you choose your pictures in order to hold visitors, or do you just put in there whatever you can? Do you look for free pictures, take them yourself, or shamelessly steal them from Google Images like everyone else?

5. Do you feel bad about bumping people from your blogroll? How important is a template to you when you visit blogs? Do you really admire people who list thousands of blogs over there, or would you rather see someone who just has maybe ten or twelve best friends and relatives?

6. Do you really visit all those blogs you list under "daily reads" or "blogs i visit?" do you read them? this seems like a herculean task. How much time can a person invest in being in the citizen's media, a regular?

7. Has blogging changed your writing? Your perspective? Your alliances? Your likes/dislikes? Your politics? How has it affected the way you see things?

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 8:32 PM, Blogger J-Funk said...

I answered your questions, they are on my blog. Looking forward to seeing your answers...

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger tom said...

thanks, J-Funk! I am really chewing on these answers carefully, because I'm seriously considering a kind of republishing of this blog- slicker, perhaps more geared toward getting attention and being read. It's not that I need to learn how to do it (although I do, I'm sure), it's more that I'm trying to think out the consequences of doing so. I'm mulling it over, mostly, in another blog, which you're welcome to visit. Thanks again!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home