Monday, August 06, 2007

languages in the turquoise sea

My own memory is like my e-mail inbox: certain things, about three or four months old, risk falling off the edge of it, into the great abyss, to be forgotten until the great archivist calls me into question. Such it is with the old jpcl files, which have been hiding away in the old wayback archive. I'm very grateful to this archive, for we didn't think to save these files ourselves, and they have information about such languages as St. Lucien Creole, and Mauritian Creole. As you can see I'm not done saving the files, but I haven't given up. Break is almost here; it's 100 degrees in the shade, and I'm finding that old html code is about all I have the patience for.

If any of the links work, have a look around. What you can't find on the surface, you'll find in the archive; and then, if I'm smart, and persistent, it will all come out of the archive, and back home. It'll take some coding, but it's one of my missions in life. These are, after all, endangered files.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home