Friday, July 08, 2005

Jessie Yeh

Sometimes you meet someone who really lives life to its fullest, who changes your life just by coming near it. I feel that way about Jessie. She was a student of mine a while back, but she has remained a good friend, and continuously supplies me with photographs of all this interesting stuff she does. Grand Canyon, Chicago, Cardinals baseball, fireworks, etc. On an off week she goes camping or to the dragonboat festival...I'm just now sorting through my email and pulling out fantastic pictures. But what I really like is:

1) She took up blogging in English, on her own, long after she got out of any writing class I ever taught (some of my students seem to think blogging is just a "CESL thing" and give it up soon after they leave, being busy with studies & all);
2) She's a great photographer, and I've found the pictures great to put on the web;
3) She really does get around the country with her friends; she's seeing the whole thing and documenting it;
4) She's sharing her pictures with me;
5) And, apparently, she's still keeping up with her classes! Go, Jessie, and thanks! I feel like my life is better, just by looking at yours!

summer



picture by Jessie

2 Comments:

At 5:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heyyy Tom, You're so sweet! I feel every words that you wrote here!!! ;) Thank you for being a super kind person that I ever met! Take care and I will miss you forever! =D

 
At 5:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much! Tom! ;P You're always being so kind person! Thank you so much for mention me on your blog. I feel so touch that every single words that you wrote! =D Thank you again and happy belated V-Day!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home