Friday, September 09, 2005

an apple for the teacher

The first thing I thought when I found out it was Teacher's Day in China tomorrow (Sept. 10) was: 1.2 billion people can't be wrong. Kind of like Father's Day, I feel like leaning back and saying, bring it on. And I did...say that, anyway. That's because at the moment I'd been doing a lot of teaching, and, it was Friday. But the more I thought about it, the more I figured, no, what I really need to do is reach out to those teachers who influenced me and tell them, thank you, thank you for your kind patience, and your wisdom. I was not an easy student, you could say.

But here goes: Thank you, Dr. Heywood, Dr. Thomas, Dr. Givens, Dr. Ault; Dr. Iversen, Dr. Kotsoudas; Dr. Zinn; thank you, Mrs. Fernstead, Mr. Miller, Mrs. Leal, Mr. Blanc, Mrs. Spyby, Mrs. Condon. And to the many, many others who have influenced me, one way or the other, in the best way they could!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home